Tuesday 17 April 2012

Martha and the Bunny Brothers by Clara Vulliamy

When I got this book last week, there was almost a fight - it's just so bright and happy-looking, we all wanted to get our hands on it. I won, obviously (the envelope was addressed to me) and after a quick flick through, knew it was going to be a popular one.

It's Martha's first day of school and she's really excited, but she's a bit worried about how her two little brothers will manage without her, so she forms the Happy Bunny Club to keep them occupied. Then she gets on with the important business of getting herself ready for school.

Martha is adorable and I really enjoyed reading this one aloud... which was lucky, since Joe has requested it every night since (this is VERY unusual for Joe). There's lots to read on every page and the illustrations are - as you can see - bright and gorgeous. (Oh and I particularly love that when Martha gets home, her brothers "go mad with joy" to see her.)

The publishers describe it as 'pure sunshine in picture book format' and they're spot on. It's LOVELY.

Thanks so much to HarperCollins for sending it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment